From time to time, we here at Andertons like to put our heads together and set ourselves silly little challenges for a bit of fun! With Christmas just around the corner, we thought it would be fun to put together some Christmas-themed pedalboards for different genres of music. Everyone loves a theme, right?! So here are the rules…
- There can only be four pedals on each board.
- Each pedal has to be a Christmassy colour – We’re going with red, green and gold!
Hair Metal Pedalboard
- Strymon Sunset Dual Overdrive – Not only is it called the Sunset (Sunset Boulevard being synonymous with Hair Metal), Strymon’s dual overdrive features six different gain stages across two channels. The two channels can be stacked to imitate the sound of an overdrive pedal hitting the front end of a high gain amp, serving as a great boost pedal too!
- Eventide Tricerachorus Stereo Tri–Chorus – Eventide’s chorus and micro-pitch detune effects can be heard on most Hair Metal albums from the 80’s. Their new Tricerachorus is a lush tri-stereo chorus that will fatten up your solos and make your clean tone sparkle!
- MXR Carbon Copy Analogue Delay – All good Hair Metal solos should be dripping in delay! The Carbon Copy is a great sounding analogue delay that will add depth and modulation to your tone without getting in the way of the notes.
- TC Electronic HyperGravity Multi Band Compressor – TC Electronic’s Hyper Gravity Compressor can be used to fatten up and balance out the volume of your clean tone, adding sustain in the process. Combined with the Tricerachorus, your clean tone will be chimey and sparkly and will be met with a sea of fans holding their lighters in the air!